Monday, December 15, 2008

My "Research" Project

For my research project, I took a project I was personally working on and turned it into my final project. I have personally been researching myself, trying to see what I can and can't do and getting myself to do things that I never would have done before. As I was taking this class I realized that I had a hard time thinking outside the box, and to try and solve this problem I decided to look in the box and see what I had to play with. As I thought about whats in the box, I realized there were alot of things in there that made me comfortable, but still confined me. So what I did was bring an actual box to class and filled it with those things that make me who I am. It contained things like a Palestinian scarf to signify my heritage, a certificate of appreciation i received while living in Saudi Arabia for 10 years of my life, pictures of my family, and other self defining objects that you will see below. I explained how these objects, my life experiences, are what keep me in the box. Though, by the end of this class I still can't confidently say I'm thinking outside the box, but I'm can say that I am that much closer to breaking free.

As for my favorite presentation of the bunch, there is no way I could pick one. From the digital spray paint to the chewy dicks, to the gorilla advertising, and many more excellent presentations, I have to admit they were all my favorite and they truly showed what a creative and diverse class we have.





No comments: