Monday, October 20, 2008

Bliss

For this assignment I do what I always do, and that is play 2 and half hours (actually close to 4 hours) of guitar. I didn't find this assignment difficult at all because I am a person who gives myself time to relax, I will drop everything I'm doing to play guitar and just get away from it all, I think its important to always have time to yourself and not to overwhelm yourself with work. But more to the point, I've never been able to explain how guitar playing really allows me to relax but its sort of like every fret, every note, every lick, every riff is just a different way of expressing all the different emotions I maybe feeling at the time. I tend to hold a lot of emotions in so the guitar allows me to let them out and a way that is productive and healthy. It puts me in a place where i feel relaxed and content, and when I come up with something I feel is special, its really a sense of satisfaction. Its' really one of the few things I do for myself and its the best way I know to express myself.

No comments: